Summer Challenge - Terms And Conditions
1. The Summer Challenge competition is open to photographers from around the world.
2. In order to receive a LaCie prize or a magazine subscription winners must supply an Australian or New Zealand mailing address.
3. Employees of Yaffa Media Pty Ltd are not permitted to enter the competition.
4. Freelance writers and photographers who have been paid to contribute to Australian Photography or Capture from 1 January 2021 to 28 February 2022 are not permitted to enter the competition.
5. Images should not include watermarks or other branding. The competition organiser reserves the right to disqualify an entry that includes a watermark or other branding.
6. Images must be in JPEG (.jpg or.jpeg) or PNG (.png) format.
7. Please note the following image-editing limitations. You may make changes to photographic variables such as exposure, contrast, tone, hue, saturation, noise and sharpness. You may crop your image, use lens corrections to fix perspective, or use the clone tool to remove minor distractions. Images must be single capture, not composites, with the following exceptions: stitched panoramas, focus stacks and HDR images. In these cases all the component images must be captured with the camera in a fixed position. Competition organisers reserve the right to disqualify an image if they feel it lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation.
8. The use of stock images and clip art is not allowed.
9. Any post-production and editing must be the work of the entrant.
10. The Summer Challenge competition has three single-image categories: Umbrella, Mirror and Time Out
11. Umbrella Category: In order for an image to fulfil the requirements of this category, it should include at least one umbrella, or part of an umbrella, within the frame.
12. Mirror Category: In order for an image to fulfil the requirements of this category, it should include a reflection within the frame, this could be from a mirror, glass, water etc.
13. Time Out Category: The theme for this category is 'Time Out' with an emphasis on the things we do on our summer holidays.
14. Each photographer retains full copyright of their images. By entering the competition the entrant provides Australian Photography a limited-use authorisation to display, print, and distribute their photographs for the sole purpose of promoting the Summer Challenge. Images will be credited with the name of the photographer if used by Australian Photography.
15. The entrant must be the creator of any images they enter into the competition.
16. The entrant must be the copyright owner of any images they enter into the competition.
17. Closing date for entries is Monday 11.59pm AEDT, 28 February 2022.
18. Entries will be shortlisted by the editorial staff of Australian Photography, published by Yaffa Media (ABN 54 002 699 354), 17-21 Bellevue Street, Surry Hills, Sydney.
19. A panel of photographers, selected by the staff of Australian Photography, will judge the shortlisted entries in each category.
20. The judges' decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
21. Winners, runners-up and finalists will be announced on www.australianphotography.com in April 2022.
22. Product prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is unavailable, the competition organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value or specification.
23. Entry fees are non-refundable.
24. The entrant indemnifies Yaffa Media Pty Ltd against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of images.
25. Yaffa Media Pty Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
26. The information in these terms and conditions supersedes information in other parts of this website.
27. By entering images into this competition, the entrant guarantees that all of the above Terms and Conditions have been met. Any entry found to breach the above Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and all prize money and product prizes must be returned to Yaffa Media Pty Ltd.