Straight Shooter Photo Comp - Terms And Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Your entry must be a single capture, not a composite. Stitched panoramas, focus stacks, HDR images, and other techniques where multiple images are merged to create a single image are not allowed.
- Drone and aerial images are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
- Post production: You may make basic adjustments to photographic variables such as tone, colour, contrast, noise and sharpness. Adjustments may be localised or global. Images may be cropped. Cloning to remove distractions is not allowed. Competition organisers reserve the right to request RAW files, or to disqualify an image if they feel it lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation.
- Photographers retain copyright of any entered images. The entrant provides Australian Photography a limited-use authorisation to display, print, and distribute their photographs for the sole purpose of promoting the Straight Shooter Photo Comp. This includes publishing the winning image in the Straight Shooter column in Australian Photography magazine and publishing the best performing images in the winners’ announcement story on australianphotography.com. Any published images will be credited with the name of the photographer.
- You must be a current resident of Australia to be eligible to win the prize.
- There is a maximum of 5 entries per entrant.
- The entrant must be the copyright owner of any images he/she enters into the competition.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining all relevant model and/or property releases.
- The entrant indemnifies the Organisers against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of the image.
- By entering the photograph into this competition the entrant guarantees to the Organisers that the above entry requirements have been met.
- This is not a game of chance.
- The competition will be judged by the editor of Australian Photography and Darran Leal. The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries close at 11.59pm AEST on 15 May 2021. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- Winners will be announced at www.australianphotography.com
- The Photo Workshop prize includes two sessions of photo instruction with Darran Leal, three nights’ accommodation at the Mantra Apartments Urangan Harbour, Hervey Bay, meals from dinner on day one to breakfast on day three, and up to $500 towards domestic flights and transfers to and from Hervey Bay. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. World Photo Adventures reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value or specification. The Photo Workshop must be used in 2021.
- The competition is run by Yaffa Media Pty. Ltd. (ABN 54 002 699 354).
- Employees of Yaffa Media are not permitted to enter.