Canon has taken some of the heat out of the issue of comparative pricing of digital imaging products overseas by announcing price cuts on 95 of its products, effective from August 1.
The price cuts range from around 5% to 30% on DSLR, compact and video cameras, and bring Australia more into line with US pricing.
“In the context of generally negative news around the local retail environment, Canon Australia is taking pro-active steps as the market leader to attract consumer attention and contribute to the value that is available locally,” said Canon Consumer Imaging director, Jason McLean.
Some of the old and new recommended retail prices (including GST) are:
• EOS 550D Super Kit (with EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6IS) Old: $1949 New: $1449
• EOS 60D Premium Kit (with EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS) Old: $2399 New: $1999
• EOS 5D Mk II Premium Kit (with EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM) Old: $4899 New: $4499
• MT24EX Macro Twin Lite to suit the entire EOS range Old: $1499 New: $1199
• HFS20 HD digital video camera Old: $1199 New: $899
• EF70-300IS EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens Old: $1199 New: $949
• EF40056LU EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Old: $2319 New: $1999
• PIXMA MG5150 multifunction inkjet printer Old: $179 New: $129
• PowerShot SX130 IS compact digital camera Old: $329 New: $229
• PowerShot G12 compact digital camera Old: $799 New: $699
• IXUS 310 HS compact digital camera Old: $449 New: $399
Article first published in www.photoimagingnews.com.au