Photokina: Olympus announces new PEN E-PL8, M Zuiko lenses
Olympus has announced its latest micro four thirds compact camera in its PEN series, the E-PL8.
According to Olympus the E-PL8 offers premium design inherited from the PEN series, enhanced selfie functions and extensive creative shooting features that can be used with both still images and video.
The same TruePic VII image processor used in the Olympus OM-D E-M1 is used in the E-PL8. VCM in-body image stabilisation is included to help capture sharp images with minimal camera shakes when shooting night scenes or lowlight indoor shots.
Other features include:
- Downward-opening monitor and creative shooting functions for Touch Selfies in still images and movies
- Built-in Wi-Fi for smartphone connectivity, remote shooting & transferring and sharing images
- Clips and Art Filter Movie provide enhanced movie recording
- 16.1 megapixel Live MOS
- Live Composite lets you capture impressive trails of light
- Fast AF instantly focuses when you touch the monitor
- 8.5 fps high-speed sequential shooting
To complement its PEN and OM-D camera ranges Olympus has also announced the release of three new M.Zuiko lenses: the ED 12-100mm f4.0 IS PRO (35mm equivalent: 24-200mm); ED 25mm f1.2 PRO (35mm equivalent: 50mm); and the ED 30mm f3.5 Macro (35mm equivalent: 60mm), that conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard with a maximum image magnification of 2.5x (35mm equivalent).
For more details go to: www.olympus.com.au/